The Compliance Coordinator provides day-to-day operations support to the Office of Institutional Compliance, assisting with compliance, policy management, and backup operations of the student conduct resolution process on all 3 campuses and other department functions as well as special projects as assigned.
- Responsible to the Senior Director of Institutional Compliance and has a support responsibility to all other departments and college personnel as necessary.
- May be responsible for the supervision of assigned work study students.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors the College’s Policy Library to assure institutional policies are current and accurate, assisting in the development, maintenance and revisions of College policies and procedures;
- Updates and maintains the department’s intranet page, applicable compliance websites; databases and policy library;
- Monitors the department’s database systems (i.e. Docushare electronic back-up system, Maxient, Convercent or other similar database systems);
- Maintains appropriate contact and consultation with the Senior Director regarding all compliance matters;
- Coordinates administration of student conduct resolution processes including informal agreements, formal hearings, appeals, special meetings and other general day-to-day routine and backup operations. Monitors fulfillment of resolutions and/or sanctions;
- Serves as Student Conduct Process Coordinator providing guidance and assistance to the Coordinators on the branch campuses; Serves as back-up in the absence of Student Conduct Process Coordinators on the branch campuses; and
- Coordinates and/or conducts training programs or other informational presentations for hearing panels, employees and students regarding the student conduct process;
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (con’t)
- Oversees and maintains complaint intake and resolution process records; transcribes digital, audio-recorded or other records to CD ROM and/or appropriate database systems;
- Provides administrative support and assistance with daily and routine department administration;
- Develops and maintains office processes and procedures. Establishes and maintains department records, confidential files, manuals; audits department files for compliance with applicable regulations and related duties;
- Coordinates and/or oversees special projects as assigned;
- Performs general clerical duties including typing correspondence, processing mail, scheduling appointments, coordinating travel arrangements, maintaining filing systems, ordering and maintaining office supplies, monitoring applicable budget including the coordination and preparation of purchase requisitions and work orders and other related duties;
- Performs all responsibilities in a manner that fully complies with the College’s policies and procedures and applicable laws; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to write, proofread and edit reports and documents and facilitate meetings and group presentations;
- Proficiency with system databases, personal computer with various software packages and general office equipment;
- Strong organizational skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to:
- Coordinate and lead projects and effectively supervise, train and develop assigned work study students;
- Communicate and interact effectively with upset, angry individuals; individuals in conflict with one another in emotionally charged or sensitive situations;
- Work independently and autonomously;
- Exercise effective discretion and judgment in a variety of situations;
- Maintain concentration for significant periods of time;
- Work in a fast-paced environment where flexibility, support for others, and adapting to changing circumstances and priorities is critical;
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality;
- Perform assigned duties with time pressures and frequent interruptions;
- Calculate and analyze numerical data; and
- Work various hours as job requires.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associates degree; three years of experience in a customer service focused, problem solving environment; Equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Performs sedentary to light work in a ventilated, lighted, and temperature -controlled office setting.
- Frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, sit, lift light objects (up to 10 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the workday.