CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT/BAGGAGE HANDLERClassification: Non-Exempt
Status: Part Time
Reports to: Ground Handling Operations Supervisor
Under the direction of the Ground Handling Operations Supervisor, the Customer Service Agent performs all ground operations, counter, and area baggage services for an airline.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Assists passengers with check-in procedures, including taagging baggage and issuing boarding passs.
- Sells tickets, processes ticket changes, creates and books reservations.
- Factilitates the passenger boarding process.
- Performs gound service duties, including loading and unloading baggage, positioning loading bridges, connecting tow bar and tug for push back or towing aircraft, deicing planes, etc.
- Ensures FAA, airline and airport regulations are followed.
- Enforces safety/security measures and protects sensitive zones.
- Maintains ramp area, building and equipment in a clean, presentable condition.
- Responds to customers' questions and comments in a courteous and timely manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience and/or Training
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED.
- Travel agent experience a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of computer systems and ability to utilize related software.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and pocedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to interact with customers, tenants and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced work environment while maintaining a professional and effective approach to high-stress situations.
- Ability to work varied hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers.
Required Special Qualifications
- Ability to pass a post-employment offer physical examination, including drug screen and back function test.
- Ability to pass a background investigation to obtain unescorted Airport Identification/Access privileges.
- Ability to operate a vehicle and possession of a valid driver's license.
- Ability, after training, to use airline's computer system.