Primary functions are to service the banking needs of business and VIP clients and complete specific operation tasks associated with Deposit and BeB products. The position acts as a liaison with Commercial Loan Officers, technical specialists, and branch personnel to ensure high levels of service delivery to all business and VIP customers.
*Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Opens new retail banking accounts; completes new account process to ensure all appropriate information is collected from the customer and recorded in the appropriate areas of the computer system; follows-through with setup of additional products/services; ensures compliance with all Bank policies/procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations. The Employee must also provide thorough and accurate documentation of the new account.
- Travels to the client to perform sales & service support activities as required to meet clients needs and maintain overall service standards.
- Collects, verifies, and updates customer and account information on the computer and completes all paperwork/processes associated with the change(s).
- Provides a superior level of courteous, knowledgeable, friendly and professional service to all existing and prospective clients relating to VIP Banking services for delivery of the desired client experience.
- Takes ownership of client inquires/concerns/complaints, ensuring timely resolution.
- Develops a rapport and instills confidence with the client in order to develop credibility as a representative of the Commercial team.
- Serves as the main point of contact for business clients’ servicing needs. Assists business clients with BeB banking, deposits and loan issues including sweeps, mobile banking, mobile deposit and bill pay.
- Supplies information on products and services to clients.
- Acts as a liaison between customer and third party product providers to resolve technical system issues.
- Handles client and internal customer inquiries related to products and services; answers questions of a general nature; provides step-by-step technical instruction and support; and trouble-shoots and resolves problems.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well with minimal direction and also within a group for problem solving; uses reason when faced with a unique situation. Ability, desire, and capability to use rational and intuitive reasoning in decision-making.
- Assists the Commercial Department in preparing for client meeting and account opening documentation.
- Assists in preparing new business proposals or presentations to clients/prospects based upon their needs, BeB products & services, competitive pricing and committed service capabilities.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment such as; Ipads, tablets, smart devices, mobile devices, printers, scanners, fax machines calculators, etc.
- Maintains strict privacy and confidentiality of customer, account, and bank security information.
- Performs other duties that would customarily be associated with a premier or VIP level of service to customers.
- Continuously review and adapt business practices to adhere to American Bank & Trust Strategic Objectives and Goals.
*Essential Functions to be performed with or without a reasonable accommodation
Non-essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- This position requires a positive, teamwork attitude and the ability to continually reprioritize. It is subject to a changing environment and deadlines.
- Familiar with the Bank core operating system.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing and a good driving record.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or recognized equivalent required.
- Associates Degree or higher preferred.
- Two to four years experience in high level customer service environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bank operations experience desirable.
- Experience in Retail sales preferred.
- Bi-lingual preferred, but not necessary.
- Experience in professional financial environment preferred.
Competencies-To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data, and uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance, and meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive situations; listens and get clarification; responds well to questions, and participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively, and able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently, and plans for additional resources to set goals and objectives.
- Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats other with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments, and maintains confidentiality.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the Essential Functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Functions. Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment. Work is performed mostly out of the office visiting with business owners and VIP customers.
Standing: 40% Sitting: 50% Bending: 5% Reaching: 5%
Travel: 60% Office: 40% Lifting: Occasionally Lifting weight: 20 lbs.