The Lead Universal Banker is responsible for ensuring prompt and efficient Universal Banker transactions and must review all accounts and maintenance set up by the Retail Staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Actively solicit and open new accounts, including checking, savings, Debit Cards/ATM Cards, telephone & Internet banking, bill payment, certificates of deposit, IRAs, trust, brokerage, insurance, safe deposit, Visa credit cards, Merchant Processing and other retail products. The Employee must also provide thorough and accurate documentation of the new account(s).
- Discuss all types of consumer loans and properly complete a consumer loan application. Through training and self-study, the employee must develop the knowledge and skills necessary to accurately process and document consumer loans, including accurate usage of all related computer systems.
- Organize the daily workflow of the department. Provide daily supervision and assistance to employees in order to maintain quality staffing and high customer service levels.
- Responsible for oversight of the daily branch capture processes.
- Monitor employee performance by conducting regular reviews in conjunction with the Branch Manager and the Bank’s Performance Management Review Process.
- Monitor Retail Staff over/short balances, and submit a monthly summary report to management.
- Maintain the record of Cashier Checks, Money Orders, and License Stickers inventory and disbursement.
- Regularly review operating procedures and practices in order to identify possible deficiencies and improve the efficiency of the teller line. Assist with the branch audit internal control systems and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining the cash vault, Retail Staff cash limits, and branch cash limits.
- Proven ability to cross sell bank products and set the example for the Retail Staff to follow.
- Continuously review and adapt business practices to adhere to American Bank & Trust Strategic Objectives and Goals.
*Essential Functions to be performed with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by interacting with the Bank’s internal/external customers (including, but not limited to: current customers, prospective customers, clients, vendors, co-workers, supervisors and management) in a mutually respectful manner regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation and all other protected classes.
- Adhere to the highest standards of ethical business conduct and compliance by acting lawfully, ethically, honestly and professionally in the performance of their jobs at all times as well as be in compliance with Bank policy and procedures as it relates to their job function.
- Complete annual training on BSA & AML: An Overview, Privacy Compliance: Protecting Consumer Financial Information, Security and Safety and Securities and Insurance Products Awareness and comply with job-specific training requirements as directed by management.
- Assume responsibility for understanding and complying with Bank attendance policy.
- Willingness to become involved with professional and civic organizations that will enhance the Bank’s image and profitability.
Consistent with the bank’s marketing objectives and policies set forth in the Community Reinvestment Act statement, take an active role in the community.
- Perform all responsibilities in a manner that fully complies with the Bank’s Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Policy and that meets the requirements of all related federal and state regulations. Adhere to all EEO/AA guidelines and regulations in the hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, selection and training processes.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or recognized equivalent required
- 3+ years of retail sales and/or banking experience required
- 1+ years of supervisory/management experience preferred
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Must be available to work varying hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Knowledgeable regarding all types of retail products offered by American Bank
- Extensive knowledge of banking data processing systems required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment such as personal computers, printers, scanners, calculators, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Advanced knowledge and use of American Bank & Trust mobile banking technology