This position will support the Assessment Office as it administers the College’s learning assessment program. The Assessment Coordinator will assist in gathering, monitoring, analyzing and reporting assessment data across all campuses. The Coordinator will also provide general administrative and program support in the administration of departmental or other functions.
- Responsible to the assigned administrator and has a support responsibility to all other departments and college personnel as necessary.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of department personnel and others as assigned by the appropriate administrator.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct, monitor, and promote daily processes related to collection and generation of assessment data.
- Analyze data and prepare administrative reports as assigned.
- Develop and conduct quality assurance audits to assure reliability and validity of assessment data.
- Oversee and manage assigned assessment-related projects
- Perform various clerical duties including taking dictation, typing correspondence, receiving and screening phone calls, processing mail, scheduling appointments, coordinating travel arrangements, maintaining filing systems, ordering and maintaining office supplies, and other related duties.
- Assign and monitor work of clerical staff and/or Federal Work Study students, as applicable.
- Perform all responsibilities in a manner that fully complies with Palmer’s Staff Handbook and all Institutional policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of current best practices in assessment.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work independently and to perform assigned duties with time pressures and frequent interruptions.
- Ability to multitask and demonstrate superior organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to utilize general office equipment and other necessary equipment.
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing to individuals from a wide variety of groups/departments.
- Demonstrate advanced proficiency in utilizing a personal computer and various software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and specific assessment software.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including professionalism, diplomacy and discretion.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required; one year related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTPerform sedentary to light work in a ventilated, lighted, and temperature controlled office setting.
Frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, sit, lift light objects (up to 10 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the workday.
Applicants MUST apply online using our job board: http://www.palmer.edu/about-us/jobs/
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED