St. Ambrose University has a number of openings for an Athletics Bus Driver. This part-time position will be responsible for safely transporting the assigned athletic team to and from an athletic event. The primary modes of transportation are the institutional 25-35 passenger buses. Individual will exhibit sound judgment in following safe driving standards; monitor vehicle operation safety (i.e. tire pressure, brakes, lights, wipers, oil and fuel levels, etc.) and perform other job-related duties as assigned. All meals and hotels while traveling will be paid by St. Ambrose.
- High School graduate or GED and 2 years' experience as a driver; previous bus driving experience preferred
- Class "B" CDL with Passenger Endorsement is Required
- Valid driver license
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Medical Certificate (in accordance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations)
- Must have a safe driving record with a good knowledge of Iowa Driver's Manual and DOT's A Motor Carrier's Guide to Improving Highway Safety
- Ability to communicate effectively and exercise good human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with the university community
- Compliance with all applicable DOT regulations, including submission to drug and alcohol testing
- A background check will be required of the successful applicant
- Must be willing and available for evening and weekend work
Positions are open until filled. St. Ambrose University is an independent, comprehensive, and Catholic diocesan university firmly grounded in the liberal arts and is committed to fostering a respectful environment that recognizes and embraces diversity among all students, faculty, and staff. As an equal opportunity institution, St. Ambrose actively seeks applications from members of underrepresented groups. Please submit a resume and complete an application online at https://stambroseuniv.applicantlist.com. EOE
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.