JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for balancing assigned cash drawer and various venue banks, maintaining accuracy throughout all stages of the balancing process to safeguard company assets. Conduct cash, chip, and negotiable instrument transactions throughout a scheduled shift, while providing excellent guest service. Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results. Follows the Universal Service Standards set forth by Delaware North Companies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops and maintains a service standard that ensures the delivery of superior internal and external guest service
- Verify currency in drawer prior to using for any cash transactions
- Conduct financial transactions for external guests; including but not limited to making change, cashing negotiable instruments, redeeming chips and EGD tickets, selling chips and processing markers for approved credit players upon proper identification
- Conduct transactions for internal guests; including but not limited to making change, counting venue banks, counting slot wallets and cashing in tips
- Follow federal cash reporting requirements; follow departmental and company policies and procedures, including the System of Internal Controls
- May perform duties associated with the ticket redemption machine
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent; must be 21 years of age
- Previous cash handling experience preferred with the ability to account for large sums of currency with accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to respond to visual and aural cues
- Basic computer skills and 10 key operation required
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with all guests and associates regardless of social or cultural backgrounds, providing excellent guest service at all times
- Must be able to accept constructive criticism to further growth and development;
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and days, including weekends and holidays; extended hours and irregular shifts may be required
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time; reach with and use both hands and arms; able to bend and turn in a repetitive manner; lift, push or pull up to at least 50 lbs.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English
- Operate in mentally and physically stressful situations
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.