A global leader in hospitality and food service, Delaware North Companies, Inc. is one of the largest privately held companies in North America. The company has a strong reputation in its industries – hospitality, food service, travel and tourism, retail, gaming and entertainment- with more than 100 locations in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and England. Visit www.delawarenorth.com.
JOB SUMMARY: Cleans rooms, removes trash, makes beds, and installs amenities. Also cleans public areas and corridors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops, maintains a Service Culture that ensures the delivery of Superior internal/external guest service by all team members.
- Stocks maid cart with linen, terry and amenities
- Removes trash and debris from rooms
- Cleans tubs, toilets and floors
- Wipes down vanities and clean mirrors
- Sanitizes restrooms and sprays air freshener in bedroom areas
- Strips beds and removes terry and linens from room
- Makes bed and straighten furniture
- Dusts furniture and TV’s
- Checks light bulbs and replaces burnt out ones
- Programs clock radios and TV’s when necessary
- Helps in laundry and housekeeping department when necessary
- Vacuums carpets and hallways
- Mixes cleaning chemical
- Places valet laundry bag and dry-cleaning slips in room
- Turns in lost and found items to manager
- Writes work orders for maintenance items in need of repair
- Ensures department adheres to all regulatory, departmental and company policies and procedures.
- Will be able to work varied shifts – i.e. days, nights, weekends, holidays
- Knowledge of all promotions and events.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong administrative, organizational and decision making abilities
- Ability to lead, influence others and coach for success
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations
- Respond to visual and aural cues
- Read, write, speak, and understand English
- Able to work flexible shifts
- Operate in mentally and physically stressful situations
- Able to be confined to a small area for a long period of time