The Senior Director of Libraries provides leadership and direction in the professional management of Palmer College of Chiropractic’s main and 2 branch campus Libraries. This position administers approved Library policies, programs, and practices. Duties include formulating and recommending Library policies, programs and practices to Senior Management.
This leadership position will be responsible for the archives of the Chiropractic Profession and have critical involvement in the planning and construction of a prominent, new learning commons. They will oversee the public, technical, and archival library services on three campuses.
- Responsible to the assigned administrator and has a support responsibility to all other departments and college personnel as necessary.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of department personnel and others as assigned by the appropriate administrator.
- Responsible for programmatic supervision of Palmer’s main Davenport campus and branch Florida and West campus Libraries programs and personnel.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement and interpret main and branch campus Libraries’ policies, programs and practices.
- Responsible for the operational supervision of Palmer’s main Davenport campus Libraries programs and personnel.
- Provide direction and leadership in the assessing, evaluating, planning and managing all aspects of main and branch campus Libraries’ policies, programs and practices.
- Ensure proper safeguarding of main and branch campus Libraries’ resources.
- Consult with internal and external sources/contacts regarding main and branch campus Libraries’ initiatives and services.
- Prepare and submit main and branch campus Libraries’ reports and budgets as requested.
- Supervise all aspects of main Davenport campus personnel; provides programmatic guidance and assistance for the branch campus Libraries’.
- Maintain current professional and technical knowledge.
- Manage all aspects of department personnel
- Contribute to College organizational leadership and effectiveness for main and branch campuses
- Assist in the achievement of College strategic and financial objectives for main and branch campuses.
- Serve on appointed College committees, task forces and other teams for main and branch campuses.
- Perform all responsibilities in a manner that fully complies with Palmer’s Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned for main and branch campuses.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform assigned duties with time pressures and frequent interruptions.
- Ability to utilize general office equipment and other necessary equipment.
- Ability to utilize personal computer and various software packages.
- Ability to analyze and resolve difficult problems.
- Ability to maintain mental concentration for significant periods of time.
- Ability to originate and implement new ideas and approaches.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to effectively supervise, train and develop assigned staff members.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work various hours as job requires.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires an accredited American Library Association library school Master’s degree, and other accredited degree qualifications as appropriate.
- Requires at least ten years related work experience of increasingly programmatic and supervisory responsibilities.
- Requires three years previous supervisory experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTPerform sedentary to light work in a ventilated, lighted, and temperature controlled office setting.
Frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, sit, lift light objects (up to 10 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the workday.
Applicants MUST apply online using our job board: http://www.palmer.edu/about-us/jobs/
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED