The Multi-Media Designer is responsible for designing and ensuring the completion of college electronic and printed materials produced by the Marketing & Communication Department. This position involves design and support responsibilities in digital, print, video, photography, and all other marketing and communication efforts for the College.
Responsible to the Senior Director of Marketing and has a support responsibility to all other departments and College personnel as necessary.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design graphic solutions to support strategic initiatives.
- Work with department graphic designers and affiliated staff (photography, videography, Web designers, etc.) on creative concepts and specific project needs.
- Assist in the design and production of various College collateral materials, including digital communication, advertising, Web components, PowerPoint and print materials.
- Coordinate all phases of the graphics process on assigned projects (i.e. design, layout photography) to meet established deadlines.
- Perform all responsibilities in a manner that fully complies with Palmer’s Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated experience designing for a variety of digital and print media.
- Demonstrated ability to use the most current electronic-design software.
- Ability to:
o Form original ideas;
o Perform assigned duties with frequent interruptions;
o Maintain concentration for significant periods of time;
o Utilize personal computer, various software programs, other necessary equipment and general office equipment;
o Analyze and resolve difficult problems;
o Communicate effectively; and
o Work various hours as job requires.
- Perform sedentary to light work in a ventilated, lighted and temperature-controlled office setting with periodic travel required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field; five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Performs sedentary to light work in a ventilated, lighted and temperature-controlled office setting.
- Frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, sit, lift light objects (up to 10 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the workday.