Director of Day and Community Services
The ARC of the Quad Cities Area
The Arc of the Quad Cities Area
JOB TITLE: Director of Day and Community Services
JOB FUNCTION: Direct program functions at day services located at Opportunity Center and The Arc Building. Oversee all Community Support activities.
SUPERVISES: Community and Day Services Specialist and Community Activities Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Residential, ,
LOCATION: The Arc Building and other sites as assigned
SHIFT: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Flexible as needed
- Actively support and further the mission of The Arc of the Quad Cities Area: “To empower people with disabilities to believe in their own unique abilities and achieve their full potential by providing quality, innovative services that focus on advocacy, independence, employment, meaningful community life and personal happiness."
- Administer all components of day services for Opportunity Center/Arc individuals and Community Support including such activities as respite, Special Olympics, Personal Support Workers, Intermittent CILAs and recreation.Ensure supervisory coverage of program and appropriate direct care staff ratios at all times. Promote cost effectiveness including review of revenue and expense budgets and ensure a safe learning environment for individuals.
- Monitor staff supervision, training, discipline, and termination according to agency policy.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate calculation, processing, posting as appropriate, and submission of employee time records and payroll records for the agency's bi-weekly payroll process.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate calculation, processing, and submission of all purchase orders per the agency's purchase order procedures and practices.
- Ensure fee-for-service and petty cash for programs are managed, secured and monitored.Ensure communication and required record keeping of program services, and complete regular reports.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate calculation, processing, and submission of all individual attendance records and billing records per the agency's record and billing procedures and practices.
- Ensure program complies with licensing regulations as indicated through the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS), Department of Human Services-Office of Developmental Disabilities (DHS-DD), CARF and all local, state, and federal regulations, including reporting unusual incidents per DHS and/or DCFS guidelines.
- Complete monthly/quarterly reports, quality assurance activities, direct budgeting process; maintaining established budget for each fiscal year.
- Coordinate maintenance activities for program equipment, vehicles, building space, and outdoor structures at OC.
- Manage operations of all vocational opportunities.
- Ensure implementation of program, curriculum, and development for Day Training and CSP, including the enhancement of ASD and other programs.
- Direct and oversee the smooth implementation of Arc’s clinical software seeking maximum utilization by QIDP’s, direct care staff, nursing personnel, program managers and the like. Focus on effective utilization of clinical staff time and effective organizational communication. Ensure software files and corresponding necessary hard files are maintained in a fashion that meets licensure, certification and accreditation standards.
- Attend meetings as assigned.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS in human service field required, MA or MS preferred.
- 2 years' supervisory experience required.
- QIDP credential preferred.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing and vehicle with appropriate auto insurance required.Must be approved by Agency’s auto insurance carrier for driving agency vehicles.
- Strength and flexibility to assist in lifting individuals and provide other individual related care.
- Demonstrated effective writing and accounting skills required.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills required.
Received by: Date:
Rev 11/17, 5/18