The Arc of the Quad Cities Area
JOB TITLE: LPN
JOB FUNCTION: Delivers health related training and nursing care to individuals
REPORTS TO: RN Nurse Trainer
LOCATION: The Arc Building, Residential Alternatives
SHIFT: Flexible schedule
- Actively support and further the Mission of The Arc of the Quad Cities Area. "To live and work in partnership with the community to support individuals with developmental and other disabilities through a variety of support services.” Assist in direct support to individuals as needed.
- Deliver instruction on individualized or small group basis to designated individuals in accordance with individualized habilitation plans.
- Provide first aid, nursing care, and other health-related assistance to individuals as needed.
- Monitor individual health, complete health assessments, and relay medical information and recommendations to pertinent IDT members as necessary.
- Participate in habilitation planning process for designated individuals.
- Oversee medical and medication administration for individuals who reside independently in the community.
- Serve as instructor for designated staff training classes; provide-on-the-job training to staff members as assigned.
- Complete documentation of all health services provided and prepare necessary reports such as NSP/SAMMA, Annual Nursing Assessments, MAR/POS .
- Make recommendations to the Health Safety Committee regarding health and safety concerns for Day Training.
- Assist/cover shifts/fill in at other sites as assigned.
- Attend meetings and training sessions and perform all duties as assigned.
1. LPN with graduation from an accredited nursing school, licensed in the State of Illinois, current and in good standing.
2. Valid driver’s license in good standing and vehicle with appropriate auto insurance required. Must be approved by Agency’s Auto insurance carrier for driving agency vehicles.
3. Demonstrated strength and flexibility to assist in lifting individuals or provide other individual related care.
4. Experience with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
5. Flexibility of schedule to meet program needs.