Job Title: Meal Operations Supervisor
Department: Senior Services - Rock Island County Senior Center
SUMMARY: Responsible for the supervision of operations and activities related to Project NOW’s Senior Meal Programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Provide supervision for the day-to-day operations of the Senior Meal Programs in Rock Island County including Home Delivered Meals.
- Provide day to day supervision of a variety of meal program staff in Home Delivered Meal Programs.
- Maintain, prepare and submit reports/ paperwork/files, preparation of payment authorization forms and customer assessments as required by management.
- Ensure that staff and volunteers follow safe food handling at all times including proper sanitation & keeping meals at required temperatures.
- With guidance from Senior Services Director and Human Resource Director, recruit, supervise, and train staff and volunteers involved in the Meal Programs.
- Assist Senior Services Director prepare and review with staff their performance evaluations and policy implementations including any disciplinary interactions.
- Market the Senior Meal Programs in a variety of ways including assisting public speaking to potential volunteer organizations, senior groups and potential donors.
- Oversee the daily delivery of Home Delivered Meals and drive meal routes on an as need basis.
- Handle communications with customers, vendors, meal program staff and volunteers.
- Investigate, plan and implement innovative approaches in the delivery of meals.
- Oversee the preparation of delivery routes and the assignment of customers to these routes.
- Attend meetings and trainings as requested/required.
- Oversee the client database and other software as required to meet program needs.
- Interact with various Project NOW staff, Community Organizations and individuals to ensure customer needs are being met.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in various situations.
- Must be able to obtain and keep current a Food Handler’s Permit through the State of Illinois.
- Must have reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and proof of insurability.
Directly supervises employees in the Senior Meal Programs. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows & Office software; be able to use the 10 key and keyboard as well as other office equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally as much as 50 pounds as associated with a typical office and/or food service environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as associated with a typical office and/or food service setting.