Marketing and Sales Lecturer
St. Ambrose University in Davenport, Iowa invites applications for a full-time Lecturer position in Marketing and Sales. The successful candidate will join the Marketing Department in the Patricia VanBruwaene College of Business. The College seeks a candidate with the ability and interest to teach a variety of marketing and sales courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels in both seated and online formats. An ability to, and interest in, teaching courses in Digital Media Marketing, Marketing Strategy, and/or Sales is highly desirable. Start date is August 15, 2024.
The Patricia VanBruwaene College of Business opened in its newly remodeled home in the fall of 2020. The University's undergraduate programs are among the most highly enrolled at the University and the curriculum is being reimagined to offer students a highly relevant, project-oriented curriculum. Members of the business faculty are enthusiastic about delivering an innovative, relevant, learning experience closely aligned with workplace expectations so as to best prepare both traditional and nontraditional students to be successful in the knowledge-based economy. A spirit of entrepreneurial thinking permeates the business program and the broader university community.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a master's, or more advanced, degree.
- Have relevant, successful, professional experience working in one or more business environments, particularly with significant marketing and sales responsibilities.
- Have taught successfully, preferably at the college level, or have comparable communication/sales experience that promises to translate effectively into the teaching environment.
- Be enthusiastic about approaching teaching and learning in innovative ways that generate interest in the discipline and strengthen student engagement.
- Be comfortable with, or willing to learn, the use of digital technologies to enhance student engagement and learning.
- Be firmly committed to high quality teaching and to active, project-based/applied learning.
- Have the ability to create assignments and learning experiences that are directly relevant to the professional work environment.
- Be committed to mentoring students, including serving as an academic advisor.
All candidates are encouraged to provide evidence of their ability to successfully facilitate student learning, including strong professor-student relationships, commitment to student development, and creative pedagogical practice. All applications must include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae (or resume), and the names and contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses) of three professional references. Original transcripts and background check will be required before the university makes an appointment.
Interested applicants should apply and submit their materials online at https://stambroseuniv.applicantlist.com. St. Ambrose reserves the right to modify all job postings and job descriptions. Review of applications will begin December 1, 2023 and continue until the position is filled.
St. Ambrose University is an independent, comprehensive, and Catholic diocesan university firmly grounded in the liberal arts. The University is committed to fostering a respectful and inclusive environment that recognizes and embraces diversity among students, faculty, and staff. The current enrollment of approximately 2,900 students includes 650 graduate students.
St. Ambrose University is located in Davenport, Iowa, a part of the Quad Cities metro region. The Quad Cities, located on the Mississippi River, have a population of close to 400,000 and represent the second largest metro region in the state of Iowa. The University is within a three-hour drive of Chicago and a four-hour drive of St. Louis.
St. Ambrose University is an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming and encouraging applications from members of underrepresented groups. EOE
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.